Sunday, December 7, 2014

Winter Scene

I really enjoy creating scenes with stamps. It's something I don't do too often but I had an idea and wanted to see if it would work. Here is the result.


I started with the deer image from the Inspired By Stamping set, Build a Stocking. I used watercolor paper for my panel and started by creating some ground for my deer to stand on using a warm gray Tombow marker and blending it out with water. I knew I wanted to have pine trees around him so I took the single pine bough from the Christmas Wreath set and stamped it in two green Distress inks.  I then moved the color around to form the tree shape and finally went back with a Tombow marker in brown to add in the trunks and branches. My final step was to stamp one of the snowflakes in the Build a Stocking set. My sentiment is from Christmas Greetings and some dry embossing and sewing finished it off. I hope you like it! It's fun to figure out how to use stamp images in new ways. Have a great day!




No comments: