Friday, December 5, 2014

Advent Calendar

With the Christmas season upon us I wanted to make time to make a special advent calendar that I've been wanting for the last couple of years. My advent calendar is centered around Bible readings for each day. A small but easy to use design is what I wanted. I pulled out several Inspired By Stamping sets to create my calendar and I am so happy with how beautiful it turned out. Here it is on the first day. You only see one tag at a time.


 I got a bit creative and decided to use an old picture frame that the glass had broken out of and removed the backing and used a large binder ring to hold all of my tags. It's easy to just flip to the next day and the size is just what I was after. 


I decided to do two designs and they alternate every other one. I really love how elegant they came out which isn't hard with the beautiful stamps Joanna designs!


My first design uses Fancy Labels 2 and Fancy Labels 2 dies for my focal point and where I hand wrote each day and Bible reference. For my background I used the Poinsettias set. I heat embossed my poinsettias in gold and then stamped my leaves over the top of them as well as the center of the flower. I then trimmed out some extra leaves and berries to add to my frame. To give it a bit more sparkle I added some sequins to the middle of each poinsettia. 


My second design used the Christmas Wreath set as well as the Fancy Lables 2. I trimmed out two pine boughs and a pine cone for my frame and added lots of sequins to the middle of each stamped snowflake.

I am already using this Advent Calendar and am enjoying how beautiful it is as well. I hope you are inspired today! Thanks for joining me.

Supplies:


1 comment:

Charlotte C said...

What a beautiful advent calendar. TFS.