Friday, October 24, 2014

Stockings

Today we are showing the last of the new Inspired By Stamping sets being released. This is a very fun set called Build a Stocking. I took a very unusual twist with it using two images from it to create a wintry scene.


I started by watercoloring the background and then layering Distress inks on top of that. I was wanting a very wintry, Northern Lights kind of feel. I stamped the tree from the Build a Stocking set several time using a second generation stamping as well. In white pigment ink I stamped one of the snowflakes in the set several times around the background. In real life they are more visible but very soft looking. The sentiment is from Big Holidays. I then sprinkled very lightly some white embossing powder and heat set it and finally added a strip of glitter to the bottom. I hope you've enjoyed this release week! Thanks for joining me :)

Supplies:


1 comment:

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

I love this card Leah! The details are beautiful. And I love the snow that is falling down from the sky! It is so pretty! xxx