Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Watercolored Lilacs

Hello! I am so completely taken by watercolor that I love to keep trying different looks using it on different stamped images. For the current challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room the theme is Lavender and Lace. I pulled out my Inspired By Stamping Spring Lilacs set and got out my Tombow markers to watercolor the image.


Since the challenge was to incorporate the color lavender that's the pallet I went with adding in some warm grays as well. I also added the required doily and distressed the edges of the card base with Distress ink in Weathered Wood another warm gray. I finished it with a stain bow and some purple toned sequins. I hope you enjoy my card! Thanks so much for stopping by :)

3 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Leah!!! Very pretty water coloring as well!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" this week for our "Lavender and Lace" challenge!!

Mynn xx said...

Um, this is totally amazing!!! Did you use the same tutorial you shared on the Inspired By Stamping blog?! This is just fabulous--your color choices are perfect! :)Lovely, friend! HUGS and happy *almost* weekend! Mynn xx

SarahGeorge said...

Your water colouring is fabulous! Lovely card! :)