Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Watercolored Notecards

 Hello! I hope you had a good weekend. I have a little note card set to share with you today using a free style of watercoloring. I wanted to use the gorgeous detailed image from the Inspired By Stamping's newest release, Mother's Day Bouquet and color the image via watercolor wash. I know a detailed image can sometimes feel intimidating but there are other ways to color besides Copics or other more precise methods. 
I first layed down my background color which was a shade of blue for all my image panels, and then went back in with the color I wanted each flower to have. I then finished by going back in with greens for the leaves. This is a very free, impressionist way of coloring an image and it was really a lot of fun! For the pretty striped I used the IBS set, Background Basics Lines. I hope you'll give watercoloring a try! Thanks for stopping by :)

Supplies:
*Sweet Peas (sentiment)
*Everyday Greetings (sentiment)

1 comment:

Charlotte C said...

Oooh, I really like the look on these cards. TFS.