Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Granola and a card

Hello! I made this card for my mom to lift her spirits a couple weeks ago now. I had gone into my LSS which I hadn't done in months and months and since it's locally owned always feel a bit obligated to buy something, so I found this sweet little Prima stamp and snatched it up. Isn't she sweet? I colored her with Copics and added some pretty layers and cut a rolled rose with my Cricut using the Art Philosophy cartridge. If I could only have one cartridge this may be the one, love it.

I've been experimenting with making granola. It's so much less expensive than buying good, organic granola and it's not hard and smells super yummy baking. Here is some that came out pretty yummy. It's a good basic recipe that I started with from a magazine and then tweaked to make it more tasty. In case you want to try it here is the recipe.


Almond Granola

3/4 cup cooking oil

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 tspn. cinnamon

1/4 tspn. nutmeg

1 Tblspn. vanilla extract

dash of salt

4 cups rolled or old fashioned oats

1 cup slivered or roughly chopped raw almonds

1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds

1/4 cup each of rasins and cranberries

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt in a very large bowl. Add the oats, almonds and sunflower seeds. Toss to coat evenly. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil and spread half the mixture on it in an even layer. Bake for 15 min. stir and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and place hot granola in a bowl to cool. Bake the second half of the mixture the same way. Once granola has cooled add rasins and cranberries. Toss. Eat and enjoy!

1 comment:

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful card, I love the doily and the embossing. And thanks for the granola recipe, I love homeade granola!