Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baby

It's funny the things that can inspire us to get back our creativity and the more feeling part of joy. For me it came through a cookbook. One of my dear friends enjoys cooking as do I and had a cookbook out on her counter the last time I visited. The title intrigued me, so much so that I ended up doing extenstive research on it, went to my local Barnes and Noble to sit and read it for a good 1/2hr. and came to the lovely conclusion that this is going to be the best cookbook ever and promptly ordered it off Amazon. (I saved $15! ordering from amazon) 

So my mojo is finding it's way home to me :) FINALLY! It's only been missing for 3 months!!  It has felt so good to feel creative again. PTI just came out with what they call a quarter foil die and it's got a bit of steep price tag, so I went looking through my Cricut carts and lo and behold found this gem off of Paper Lace. It's soooo similar to what PTI just released and it cut with no problem at all to cover my whole card front. And there are lots more covers to choose from off the Cricut Paper Lace cartridge. I am back in the swing of making baby cards for the local shop here in town, so this one is sweet, pink and girly. Throughly enjoyed making it.

So the other thing that transpired due to finding this fabulous cookbook is my wonderful hubby bought me my very first (and last because I won't ever need new ones!) set of high performance and quality cookware. Can I just say I * LOVE* them!  We decided on the Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 13 piece set and oh my! Cooking brought to a whole new level for sure. I've never cooked in pans that actually heat up evenly and stay hot! What a difference. Oh, and in case you are wondering the cookbook is titled, The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters. It's also a very valuable lesson, tips and technique book as well as packed with recipes. I can't wait for mine to come and live with me :) Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby card!!! :-) Glad you got your mojo back. I know what it's like to lose it for awhile. Just love your card!!! :-)