Monday, October 31, 2011

Never Disappointed

That's not how I felt yesterday at all. Disappointment and the dull ache of hurt reached into my heart, places deep and insecure.  It's almost easier when the pain of let down expectations come from something obvious, a big fight, a disagreement, but when it's a quiet burning that just simmers it scalds me even more.  We finally broke the silence before bed, but my heart was still brusied and I feel a bit shaky today....

Through it though God showed me that I need to gaurd my heart against any thoughts of human disappointment being ever equal to how God may disappoint me. Because He won't. It was a soul awakening moment to realize I have been doing this throughout the years, not really consciencely but I have been placing God on the same level as those I love most...and those I love most will always fail me and disappoint at times. But God, God will never disappoint. 

"But as for me I will always have hope. I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness all day long and of your salvation though I know not it's measure." Psalm 71:14-15

*Another new day, full of God's mercy, together.
*Quiet nights
*Woodburning stove
*My mom
*My children who spontaneously recite scripture we've been memorizing
*My son reading and loving it
*God's strength in me, because I can't do it alone

2 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

sending you my hugs and prayers. :)

GrannyB2 said...

You have become a very wise wife and mother. You are loved very much and have made us very proud.
Grandma and Grandpa Brunner