Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Home...

I have been wanting to use this sentiment for a long time and was so happy to ink it up for this week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room. They are on the 7th challenge and it's "Comforts of Home". For my card I tried to embody what "home" is to me, and it's mainly a place of beauty and love. I have also had a renewed love for my Cricut lately and used it for the heart and little house cuts. Don't forget you can cut pattern paper with your Cricut, not just cardstock! Makes a huge difference I tell 'ya! *lol* The bow is some PTI ribbon along with one of my crocheted flowers and a little paper rose bud I also made. I did some stitching, piercing, inking and added just a bit of sparkle to finish it off. I love my home and am so thankful that I have been blessed with one that is full of beauty and love. Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving your sweet comments, they really do bring a smile to my face and heart.

12 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Ah, this is so sweet! I can really feel the happiness you feel about your home. Love the papers and the design and the big heart on here. Thanks for playing along with us at The shabby Tea Room.

Nicole said...

Pretty card - just perfect for this challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Debbie said...

OMG ... this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I {heart} every single part of your design from the colors, to the theme, to the cuts outs, ribbon, crocheted flower, bling -- it's just perfect for this week's challenge!! Thank you so much for joining us again in the Tea Room, Leah! I can't wait to see what you come up with for us to peek at next week :)

BethieJ said...

Leah this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE everything about it!!!!
Gotta LOVE that bug!! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Unknown said...

just love that card, everything about it is just so cute and well done

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love your card! That sentiment is just wonderful. So many beautiful layers here.

Heather Rogers said...

Such a lovely card! The house, heart and border punch are amazing. :)

Lauren said...

Love this! It has such a wonderful vintage feel!

Lauren

Diane Jaquay said...

What a lovely, vintage card! I love that cute little house!

peggysue said...

Leah so very pretty! Every time I come here I remind myself I need to stop at your blog more often.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so pretty. Wonderful design - including the die cut house is such a cute idea. Love the papers and stitching too. Congrats on being chosen in the Top 3 this week at the Shabby Tea Room.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wow! So pretty. Love the house! Congrats on being top 3 on TSTR.