Monday, April 27, 2009

Fluttering by...CDS Guest DT spot entry




Well, I thought I'd give a try to the GDT spot over at Clear Dollar Stamps. I love this Charlie Daisy set and had to use it. The challenge was to have something dangling off your card/project. I thought a trio of butterflies would be perfect. I stamped the small butterfly from the Charlie Daisy set onto a punched out butterfly (MS) and hung them all from the button that is sewn on the ribbon bow. All the images are colored with Prismacolor pencils. I added the pretty flower vine image to either side of the ribbon down the middle, added some stitching and chalk ink distressing. I wanted to highlight the word "thankful" so I pierced just under that word. Clear Dollar Stamps have a ton of super cute and pretty images. Here's to hoping!

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Leah, this is awesome!! I'm so glad that you put your name in the hat! I'm pulling for you ;D

B said...

Super cute! Best of luck!

Diane said...

This is so cute! Those hanging butterflies are fabulous!

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute. I love the dangling butterflies. Good luck.

Ann said...

Leah, this is so cute! Good luck on the GD spot! ;)

Rose said...

Hope you make the GDT spot!!! this is such a cute card and now i have an idea how to use ribbon on a card (might need to one day soon!!) :-)

Mara Campbell said...

That stamp is the cutest!! And I love your bow and button. I still struggle tying nice bows but yours is great!! Good luck with the GDT spot!!

whoistracy said...

This is adorable! Good luck!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Too cute!
:-)