Monday, May 16, 2016

Tissue Paper Background

Hello! Today I have a fun and easy technique to share with you that gives your project added texture and interest. Let's get started!
IBS1
The supplies you'll need today are a stamp set of choice, some white gift wrapping tissue paper, a glue stick and some Distress inks. I chose to use the Plumeria stamp set as the line image and it's simplicity really make this technique shine.

IBS2
The first thing you want to do is cut down some tissue paper to the size you'd like for your card. I roughly cut mine to fit the front a standard A5 card base but knew I'd cut it down more once I was done, so don't try to get this part perfect! I stamped the single plumeria image all over my tissue paper and then crumpled it up and gently smoothed it back out. The crumples really give a lot of nice texture to your finished piece. I then used a variety of Distress ink colors and just gently dabbed on the colors. You do want to be careful as the tissue paper is a bit fragile.
IBS3
I find it works best to adhere your tissue paper to a cut piece of cardstock and not your card base directly. Using a glue stick is the easiest way to apply it and it drys quickly! Apply the glue stick to the cardstock, not the tissue paper! You don't want to rip your beautiful stamped piece. Lay the tissue paper onto the cardstock and gently press it down. Don't try to get it perfectly smooth, the crumples and wrinkles are what make this technique special. When I was done adhering it to my cardstock I trimmed clean edges all the way around. Now you are ready to make a card!
IBS4
Here is my completed card. I added a few more layers of cardstock, some machine stitching and I die cut the circle from Fancy Labels 3 and stamped the sentiment. To finish I added some sequins.
IBS5
The texture is really neat because of the tissue paper and the Distress ink works really well to give pops of color.
IBS6
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial! Thanks so much for joining me.
Inspired-by-Stamping-Supplies-Tools-01_thumb.png
Inspired-by-Stamping-Plumerias-stamp-set
Inspired by Stamping Fancy Labels 3 Die



No comments: