Friday, September 4, 2015

Painting with Gelatos

Hello crafty friends! Today I want to share with you how you can use Gelatos to paint your stamped images and backgrounds for beautiful cards and any other project you can dream up. Gelatos are a lot of fun and since I love all things that have to do with watercolor I chose to use them with water for this card. Let's get started!
Poppies4
I knew I wanted to use the large single poppy image from the FOTM: Poppies set from Inspired By Stamping and started by gathering my supplies. I prefer to use a paint brush to apply my Gelatos onto my watercolor paper. I use a little mister bottle of water, spray it on my craft mat and pick up water with my brush as I need it and pull color directly off my Gelato sick with my brush. I chose to use all metallic colors and the end result is very soft and shimmery.
Poppies5
Here you can see I begin painting on my Gelatos. I just painted in layers until I was happy with the color saturation and I didn't try to stay in the lines as I think for this kind of medium a looser look is more pleasing. A great waterproof ink to use is Versafine Onyx Black.
PoppiesHere is my completed card. I did end up adding a couple more colors to my Gelato mix to give some more depth of color. I stamped one of the circles from the Fancy Circles set and then die cut it using the Fancy Labels 3 die set. My double ended banner also comes from the Fancy Labels 3 die set. I added a few sequins to finish it off.
Poppies2
Here is a close up to help you see some of the shimmer the metallic Gelatos give. They are subtle but very pretty.
Poppies3
I hope you will give painting with Gelatos a try if you haven't yet or maybe re-visit this fun medium! Thanks so much for joining me today and have a blessed day.
clip_image007.gif
Signature

3 comments:

Beeceecreativity said...

great stamp collection.. BL

Beeceecreativity said...

great stamp set.. awesome colouring.. beautiful card.. BL

LisaM said...

Gorgeous card and great tutorial! BL