Sunday, March 8, 2015

Watercolored Pansies

Hello! If you visit me regularly I think you are aware of how much I love watercolor. I find that it is a medium that is so free and yet has an element of control that you have to find for yourself that it has become very addictive. At the urging of my dear husband I bought a few higher quality paint brushes and oh my! the difference is amazing. I mainly like to use a size 4 round brush and the one I picked up at my local Michael's is by Winsor and Newton. I also got a size 6 round and a size 1 round. I found a huge difference in the way the bristles take up water as well as the paint and release it in a much more controlled way. This card was the first I did using my new brushes. 


I inked up the beautiful Inspired By Stamping set FOTM:Pansy in Antique Linen Distress ink so that it would be a no line image. I then used my Tombow markers to watercolor. I like to lay down color from my marker onto my craft mat and pick it up with my damp brush from there. With my new brushes I was able to actually get a damp brush since the way the bristles hold water is so much better than super cheap brushes.


The sentiment is from the Just Because stamp set. I found that even my splatters were more even and delicate. I hope you have enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by.



2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous card -- you really are doing fabulous with the water coloring~

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Leah! Gorgeous card! The stitching is beautiful and the coloring on the flowers is beautiful!