Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Watercolored Note Cards

Hello stamping friends! Today I have a set of watercolored note cards to share with you and some tips that may help you when making a set of cards. I used one of the new beautiful sets from Inspired By Stamping for my notecard set called Spring Bouquet. This is an ideal set for making a set of cards as it has a lovely focal image as well as many sentiment options. Here are my three note cards.



I started by die cutting my base panel for all three cards out of watercolor paper. I then heat embossed the floral image in white. When making several cards I find it saves a lot of time to use heat embossing with the watercoloring as it gives you a lot more control and  you can color in a looser way. I also decided on my layout and stuck with it for each card but varied the sentiments. This gives continuity to a set but still makes them individual. 


Here is a close up of each card. I changed the color of the flowers for each one as well which also gives nice variety but again, since the image is the same there is still a feel of cohesiveness. 


Since I kept my cards one layer I really like to add the watercolor splatters. I think it adds a nice element of texture and depth.


I hope my tips were helpful to you if you choose to create a set of watercolored note cards. I am looking forward to packaging these up and giving them to a friend. Have a wonderful day!





No comments: