Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lovely Lady

Hello Great Impressions friends! I am thrilled to be here with my first official design team card. Great Impressions carries a wide variety of stamps and when I found this one I fell in love with the timeless elegance and romantic feel of the image. I was so excited to color it!

Leah Cornelius

I colored this gorgeous stamp called Lady in Love (G189) with Copics.  I debated about what color to make her dress and blue just seemed soft and romantic :)  I decided to leave off a sentiment and let the image do all the talking. I wanted a really ornate background for her so I used my Silhouette to cut an intricate background layer. I added some machine sewing and added a bit of the same blue in her dress to my flower embellishment. I hope you have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Cataleya said...

Oh! My dear Leah, it's AMAZING card! Congratulations!!! :)
~ Olga Kovalchuk

Mynn xx said...

This is SO gorgeous, Leah!!! I LOVE the fabulous die cut panel you used behind the image and your coloring is amazing! HUGS! :)

Taunya Butler said...

I thought this card looked so elegant and so victorian!! Very well done and your coloring is excellent!!

Unknown said...

How beautiful Leah!