Thursday, June 5, 2014

Botanical Bookmarks

Hello friends! I love to read good books and usually have a couple going at one time. I was just starting one the other day when I realized I needed more bookmarks. So I whipped up a few using some lovely Inspired By Stamping goodies.

I started by die cutting some bookmark bases and then die cutting the oval from Fancy Labels 3 Dies. I then stamped each oval using the coordinating Fancy Labels 3 stamp set. I knew I wanted a flower in each of the oval frames so I chose three different ones for variety. 
 For my first one I chose the pretty Crocus image from Garden Seed Packets. I colored all my flowers with Copic markers.

I did a bit of masking on this one because the original image is far to large to fit in the oval, but it wasn't hard to use the lovely Flower of the Month Lily of the Valley.

For my last one I used the beautiful rose spray in the Fancy Labels 3 stamp set. For my lacey trims I used Delicate Doilies II. I hope you enjoyed my project and maybe you'll be inspired to make some new bookmarks for yourself or a friend! Have a beautiful day.

Supplies:

1 comment:

Davi said...

I love love your beautiful bookmarks Leah !!