Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Box

One of the things I am most thankful for in my life is my mom. We've had our rough spots but thankfully have worked through them and she is one of my best friends. I needed a box to house a little gift for her so this is what I made.


I started by cutting my box and wreath using my Silhouette Cameo and then got to stamping. I pulled out Happy Sentiments for my sentiment that I placed inside the wreath. I just love that big, scripty "happy" and since it's such a versatile set it had "mother's day" which of course was perfect. I then pulled out Delicate Doilies II for my borders. I love how it added such a lacey feel with just stamping. For my butterflies I used Butterfly Wings and colored each with a Copic marker.



For more dimension I added some rolled roses, a bit more Copic coloring and some glitter to my wreath, oh and of course some pearls. Pearls make everything better :) I hope you'll take some time to make your mom or someone who has been like a mother to you something special to say how much you love them. Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:


No comments: