Saturday, January 12, 2013

MIM take 3 and a mini tutorial

One of my MIM cards this week used the PTI Circle coverplate and Guidelines stamp set and I got a request for a bit more on the technique I used, so I put together this little tutorial to show I how I did it :)  I'll show you my completed card first in case you aren't interested in the tutorial. I used the colors Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, Palette Toile Pink, Spring Moss and Aqua Mist.


 I started with a standard A2 card base of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and cut a piece of kraft cardstock that wouldn't completely cover my card base so I'd have room for my sentiment. I used my Big Shot and cut the kraft with the Circle cover plate.
 After punching out all the circles and bits I adhered it to my card base using Scotch Quick Dry adhesive.
 Then I selected my ink colors. I found it easier to keep track of so many colors at one time by lining them up  in the order I was going to stamp them. I also pulled out the Guidelines stamp set again but this time chose 2 of the images to alternate with.
 Since you are not covering the entire card base with the cover plate there is the issue of stamping the top row without getting it on your nice white card base. That is easily solved with a bit of masking. I used a post it and moved it across the top until my top row was all stamped.

 Here is what it looks like with all the stamping done. I alternated the order of colors for each line and also alternated between the two stamp designs I chose.
To finish I stamped a Cricut die cut and stamped the sentiment from Damask Designs (PTI). It's really a very simple technique and you could choose whatever small stamp images you have that fit the circle openings. I think little flower images would look really cute or hearts! I hope you enjoyed my post and thanks so much for dropping by! :)

2 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

thanks for the tute on how to do that... I have never seen such a large die plate... I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing :) Kathi

Leigh Penner said...

Once again, lovely card, Leah! Thanks for sharing your process!