Saturday, June 9, 2012

SSD#131~ Thank You

A great sketch up at Skipping Stones Design and I wanted to use my new set, Victorian Summer. I stamped the large medallion in Veramark and heat embossed it in white and then trimmed it out to make a flower. I stamped the butterfly from the set onto my mat layer and added some rhinestones to finish it off. I used some Basic Grey paper for my background....really trying to use my pattern paper but it's slow going. I had cut this piece for another card and just didn't like it and ended up stamping my own background. I think I'll have pattern paper forever! :)  Hope you are having a great weekend. We attended a local Native American Pow wow today and it was a lot of fun. The costumes are gorgeous and the kids had so much fun joining in the dancing and I found a gorgeous necklace made of turquoise, beads and a pendant made of a carved piece of abalone shell to look like a rose. I love it! Thanks for coming by.

1 comment:

Katie Gehring said...

Oooh- love what you did with Victorian Summer! Just lovely!