Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pretty in Purple Flourishes Challenge


I joined in over at Flourishes for this month's release, to use purple. My mom loves purple and with Mother's Day just a few days away this was perfect...plus I got to ink up this new to me set, Orchids. So pretty! I grew up in Hawaii so these flowers are near to my heart. Growing up my poor mom tried and tried to grow an orchid in house and it would always die. She finally gave up and we just had them outside:) I used Copics on the flowers and did the out of the box technique again, love how it adds that little bit extra something. Hope you are having a good week!

6 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Love your orchids, Leah! Beautiful Mother's Day card! I'm sure your mother will be happy to receive your card!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beauty Leah. You colored the Orchids perfectly. Happy Mother's Day to you girl! :)

Hugs~

Sewflake said...

I love the way you colored the orchids, very pretty. Also the papers used, they really show of the flowers, great contrast.

Dawn B. said...

This is gorgeous. I would love to grow these inside too. May have to give it a try. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

Cricut Couple said...

Oh My Gosh! This is AMAZING Leah! I didn't know you were one of those "Copic" people too. Hee! Hee! I don't have a single copic, so I refer to my copic friends like they are one of those "Mini-Van" people. Hee! Hee! You have some mad skills girl! This is stunning!

Mara Campbell said...

Oh the flowers are amazing!!! And I love the fancy lable you used for the sentiment. Great card!