Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3D Snowflake Ornaments


I love the Winter Lace cartridge available at Scrapbook Pal for a fabulous price, and there are lots of 3D snowflakes that you can make very easily. In fact, I was quite surprised at how easy they were! These would make lovely ornaments for your Christmas tree, as packaging embellishments and for gifts! Here's how I made mine.
Using the Winter Lace cartridge cut 3D2 image at 4". I cut mine twice so that none of the white back of the paper would show and adhered them together. You could also use heavy double sided cardstock.
Cut3D5 at 3" following the above and cut 3D8 at 3 1/2".
Once they adhered together (I used Scotch quick dry liquid adhesive as it doesn't run and does dry quickly) I punched a small hole in the tops of 3D2 and 3D5 and set an eyelet to reienforce the hanging hole, but on the 3D8 snowflake there isn't room, so I used a 1/16" hole punch and it is still pretty sturdy since I layered each snowflake.
*TIP*
It's best to cut these snowflakes at larger sizes so your cuts don't rip and are able to cut cleanly. I had absolutely no trouble at the above sizes.
When your snowflakes are assembled thread a piece of twine, ribbon or wire through your hole to hang them by and then you can embellish them or leave them just the way they are. I used Stardust Stickles on one of my snowflakes to give it more shine, but left the other two showing off the shimmery cardstock I used. Hope you get a chance to make some of your very own snowflakes...keep warm.

3 comments:

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Leah, Love these snowflakes, so festive.

I am happy to hear that you are getting settled into you new home. Just in time for Christmas.

Hugs and blessings,

Deb

Mara Campbell said...

These are awesome, Leah!!! So beautiful!!

B said...

Oh wow, these are lovely!