Friday, July 23, 2010

Silhouettes Thanks- Cindy Loo Cartridge

I love silhouettes and the Cindy Loo Cricut cartrige is full of floral cuts that are perfect for getting that simple, but striking silhouette look. I first started by stamping my card base with a woodgrain backgrounder and adding some Creamy Brown Chalk ink to the edges to give it more depth. I then began to cut my silhouettes. Here are the cuts and measurements I cut them at.
*Branch2 @ 1 3/4" and again at 2 1/2"
*Flower2 @ 3" with the FLIP feature ON
*Flower 5 @ 3 1/2" with the FLIP feature ON
*Thanks @ 3/4"
Once I had everything cut I layed them all out in the arrangement I liked and adhered them. I then used a Sakura white gelly roll pen to add the little dots around the outside edges of the leaves and adhered some pearls to my flowers. The butterflies were punched and run through my Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots embossing folder and then inked with the Creamy Brown chalk ink.
You don't always have to use the layer feautres on your cartridges to get a beautiful result!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty love this!! :) :) :) :) :)

Crystal said...

cutie card! love the embossed butterflies girl! hugs!

Mara Campbell said...

oh wow, this is lovely!!!

Lee said...

Very pretty. Love the pearl accents.

Serendipity said...

I love that cartridge - it's next on my list to purchase. You did a wonderful job combining all the elements to make s beautiful card!

B said...

Super pretty!