Thursday, August 28, 2008

Verve August Project Parade Challenge

I love pink and brown! Over at Verve they are having a challenge using the above ad and colors. It worked out perfectly for me since I needed a birthday card for my sister-in-law and I got a chance to use the new Verve Cupcake Affair set, so cute.

I stamped the background with PTI's polka dot basics in Dark Chocolate as well as the cupcake top. I paper pieced the bottom of the cupcake and the flower on top. The square mat and circle mat were cut with my Nesties and embossed with Swiss Dots and the scallop boarder was cut with Friskars, Threading Water punch. The bit of patterned paper on the circle where the sentiment is was also cut with my Nesties. Love how you cut a perfect section of a circle with those. The sentiment is PTI's Birthday Basics. I added a flower which I folded in half and tucked behind the sentiment and stickles are on the cupcake and flowers. I inked the edges on everything and stiched around the outside border to finish it off. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Joy said...

cute card...love those cupcakes and love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

Darling. That is a great challenge.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a delicious little card. Thanks for playing! :)