Friday, April 7, 2017

Friendship Flowers

Hello! I'm pulling out an older set from Inspired By Stamping that is still a favorite of mine called Friends Forever. I love that this one set has so many different elements to it that it's really all you need to create a great card. I use a few simple techniques to bring it all together.
I started by stamping the sentiment and then creating a mask for it out of a Post-it note. Over the mask I stamped the flowers. I usually save my masks and am able to reuse them a couple of times.
To create a border for my card I used the border stamp and used heat embossing in white. This gives a great background for adding color with Distress inks later.
I then colored my image with Tombow Markers and used just a bit of water to blend the colors together. I still really like the Tombow markers for quick coloring.
To make the border I had heat embossed pop I sponged on Distress ink in the color Peacock Feathers. 

To complete my card I added a colored cardstock background, some Valentine Day sequins and ribbon. I popped the main panel up on foam tape for added dimension.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! Have a beautiful day :)
Versafine Onyx Black
Versmark Ink
Distress Ink Peacock Feathers
Sponge blender tool
Watercolor paper
Tombow Markers
Scor tape
Foam tape



No comments: