Friday, December 9, 2016

Mini Snowflake Notebook

Hello stamping friends! Today I have a simple gift idea for you that is perfect for the big and littles in your life. Sometimes it's nice to have some quick gifts on hand and this one is just that. I also appreciate useful gifts and love stationary, so a pairing with beautiful stamps from Inspired By Stamping was just the thing. Let's get started!
gift
The supplies that you'll need are stamp sets of your choice, I ended up loving the snowflakes so much I just used Snowflake Wonder but had also pulled out Festive Greetings just in case, some cardstock, copy paper, a needle, some embroidery thread, embossing powder and ink and a paper piercer.
gift2
For the mini notebook size I made you will cut the copy paper, which will be the pages, to 4x6". Cut the cover just slightly larger.The first step is to stamp and emboss your mini notebook cover and card front. I used silver embossing powder.
gift3
To bind the notebook place the pages onto the back of the cover and use small binder clips to hold them in place. Using a paper piercer pierce holes along the center spine. Using embroidery thread use a simple saddle stitch to sew the binding of the notebook. Once done, gently bend in half and use a bone folder to reinforce the crease.

Once you have your notebook bound assemble the card and embellish! I used some more embroidery thread for my bows and sequins. A nice pen completes this little gift ensemble.
gift5
This gift is also suitable to slip into an envelope and mail, though you may want to omit the pen in that case ;)
gift6
I hope this inspired you for an easy gift idea. I plan on making several of these to give out this year and I just love that the snowflakes are Christmasy but winter themed too! Thanks for stopping by!
Inspired-by-Stamping-Supplies-Tools-01_thumb.png
Versamark ink
Zing! Embossing Silver Glitter powder
Copy Paper
Blue Cardstock
Ranger Heat It Tool
Embroidery Thread
Needle
Paper Piercer
Sequins
Signature

No comments: