Monday, November 7, 2016

Autumn Cherry Blossoms

Hi! I have a pretty card to share with you that uses a cherry blossom stamp that is typically associated with spring, but by changing up the colors you can use it for an autumn card as well. I used the lovely image called Stylized Cherry Blossoms Hanging Over a Pond.


I stamped the image onto watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink and watercolored it. I thought an autumn sunset would be pretty with the yellow gold flowers.


I matted the image onto some black paper and added some machine stitched borders. A few tips with watercoloring is to start very light, which means more water, and let it dry before adding more concentrated color to areas. For instance, in the sky the darker blue was added on my second and third wash with drying in between. Also, I highly recommend letting the paper air dry as opposed to using a heat gun to speed it up. The heat gun will warp the paper a lot more and can disrupt the color as it settles. I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for stopping by today :)


1 comment:

Davi said...

Beautiful water color Leah! Love the scene and colors you used :) Love the wonky stitching!!