Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Ombre Autumn

Hello there! I hope you are enjoying the season's changing wherever you are in the world. In my neck of the woods it's been a nice gradual ease into some cooler weather and some leaves are starting to put on their autumn dress. Today I have a card to share with you in the spirit of Autumn and thought it would be fun to make an ombre background in autumnal colors. Let's get started!
autumn1
I like to try and use all the different fun mediums I have, so for today's card I pulled out some watercolor pencils. I find this a quick and easy way to create an ombre background. I started by stamping my images all from Autumn Blessings in Versafine Onyx Black. This is my favorite waterproof black ink. I wanted all the images to be a silhouette so that the ombre background can shine.
autumn2
Next I used the colors I'd chose and using the side of the watercolor pencil colored in swatches across my watercolor paper being sure to blend the pencils into each other.
autumn3
The next step is super easy as all you do is get a clean brush wet with clean water and apply it to your colored paper. All the watercolor pencil pigment will activate and turn to watercolor. Let it air dry completely before finishing your card.

And here is my completed Autumn ombre card. I embellished it with a twine bow and some white sequins. 
autumn5
I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for joining me.
Inspired-by-Stamping-Supplies-Tools-01_thumb.png
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Canson XL Watercolor paper pad
Rembrandt Watercolor Pencils
#6 paint brush
White Cardstock
Sequins
Natural twine



1 comment:

Davi said...

Very pretty Leah, I like the background to show off the wreath!