Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Highlighting with Gelatos

Hello! Leah from Paper Blossoms here today to show you a fun way you can dress up your solid stamps with Gelatos. Let's get started!

The supplies you'll need are a stamp set with solid images, I chose the beautiful new set Words of Inspiration II, black ink, a few colors of Gelatos and a sponge dauber. I first started by doing all my stamping. I stamped my sentiment on to a die cut using Fancy Labels 2 and I stamped all my flowers and leaves in black ink. You can set aside the sentiment and layer panel for now.

To highlight with your Gelatos simply load your sponge dauber with some Gelato color and using circluar motions "highlight" the image you want to be that color. I started with the leaves using a green. 

Once all my leaves were done I moved onto the light aqua color for the berry sprigs and then the pink for the flowers. The idea is to just highlight the image so  you will have white paper still showing. And that's it! I think it renders a pretty effect.

Here is my card all assembled and done. I added the sentiment panel and layering to the front. I die cut those panels using Fancy Label 2 dies. I added some machine stitching and a little twine bow.


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and will give it a try if you haven't already. Thanks so much for joining me!
Inspired-by-Stamping-Supplies-Tools-01_thumb.png
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Gelatos in: Iced Pear, Bubble Gum and Aqua Dolce
Sponge Dauber
MISTI
White Cardstock
Turquoise cardstock
Sewing machine
Natural Twine
Signature

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Such a pretty card, Leah! I LOVE this fun technique, too! Beautiful! :) Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx