Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Masking to Create Depth

Hello! Today I have a card to share with you and to inspire you to get out some post-it notes and do a little masking to create a one layer card with depth. For my supplies today I pulled out the new Summer Baskets set and the new FOTM: Poppies set from Inspired By Stamping.  I just use cheap post-it notes for my masking and usually save the mask I used with the stamp set for another time. I stamped the large pot image onto a post-it note and trimmed it out. After my stamping was done using the mask this is what my card looked like.
Masking
I liked the spotted look for my pots so I didn't try and stamp them completely solid. I also did the rock 'n roll technique of first inking the pot up with a kraft colored ink and then lightly tapping the edges in a darker brown. So now I have 3 layered pots to fill with pretty flowers! For my flowers I decided I didn't really need to mask anything except the pots occasionally. For all the foliage I just overlapped the stamping as that is more true to what it would look like. Here is my card!
Masking2
The sentiment is from the FOTM: Poppies set. I added some Copic marker coloring for my ground and I die cut a strip of gold tape.
Masking3
A few sequins and some machine stitching finished off my card.
Masking4
I hope you'll give masking a try if you haven't or revisit it if it's been awhile. I had a lot of fun creating my little flower pot scene and I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by!
image_thumb.png
Signature

4 comments:

Lucy Chesna said...

Just gorgeous...love the card BL

Tracy F. said...

Beautiful card! Love those stamps! BL

Camille Short said...

Wow! This card is amazing! Bloggie Love

Jennifer Swartz said...

Very beautiful card I love the stitching around the edges