Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tropical Scenery

Hi there! Do you like making scenery cards? I really do! I think it's a lot of fun to come up with a scene and vary the feeling you can create. For my card today I used the fabulous scene building stamp set from Inspired By Stamping called Tropical Paradise. I decided to make this a mid-day scene.


I like to lay out my stamps onto my card base first to get an idea of what will go where and then decide if I will mask anything. I decided for my sailboat to stamp it on separate paper and trim it out though masking would have worked as well. I colored my images with Copics.


To give the sun that extra glow I took a very light yellow Copic marker and colored outside of the stamped image. For my sky I like to use a very light blue and lay down color in a swirly motion to represent clouds.


For my sentiment I wanted something big so I used the new Big Hello set which was perfect! I added a few sequins to highlight the sentiment. I hope you'll try making a scene card! Have a wonderful day.






No comments: