Thursday, July 3, 2014

Basket of Cheer

Hello stamping friends! It has been warm in my neck of the woods and with the weather finally being nice outside I spend quite a bit of time in my garden. I have a flower garden as well as a small vegetable garden and I just love watching it grow. I really enjoy giving card sets and thought that a garden themed set would be nice so this is what I made.


I used my Silhouette to cut a basket and opted not to add the handle as I wanted my cards to be able to easily fit. I then stamped a whole bunch of wonderful garden themed stamps from Inspired By Stamping. My background label on my basket front is from A Lovely Birthday. The flowers and sentiment are from Garden Seed Packets and I colored with Copics. To give my basket some texture I stamped the script background all over it before I assembled it using Background Basics III.

Here are the set of cards I made to fit in the basket. These are smaller than normal A2 cards and measure 3 1/2"x4" finished. I used the Garden Seed Packets set again as the main focal frame for each of them and added different flowers to each. 
 Here I used the sunflower from Garden Seed Packets and the sweet pea image from The Flower of the Month: Sweet Pea set.
 Both these images come from the Garden Seed Packets set. All my coloring was done using Copics. I look forward to gifting this set to someone and I hope you enjoyed my project! Have a beautiful day!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Cataleya said...

OMG!!! My dear Leah, it's so beautiful project!!! I love, love, LOVE it!!! :) I'm so glad that you can spend some time in your sweet garden :) I wish you a very good day my dear friend!!! Hugs, xoxo
~Olga Kovalchuk