Friday, May 2, 2014

Dreams

Hello! I had the opportunity to purchase some Gelatos which I'd seen for awhile and have really wanted to try and was so excited to find a set of them at my local craft store. I decided to use the emboss resist technique to see how they work. I am very pleased with them and as I love watercolors these are just the thing to add to my supplies.

 I knew I wanted my sentiment to be my focal point, so I used one of the Fancy Labels 2 dies to die cut the middle of my watercolor paper. I didn't want to mess with masking as I'd be painting my entire panel. I pulled out a couple of gorgeous sets, Butterfly Wings and Delicate Doilies II, and stamped each image in Versamark and then heat embossed each impression with white embossing powder.


After all my heat embossing was complete I went back in and with a wet brush to the Gelato stick picked up color and painted it on my watercolor paper base. A couple of the colors have shimmer to them which is hard to pick up in a photo as it's subtle, but in person very pretty. I finished my card by stamping my sentiment on the positive die cut and replacing it into my card base. I added some twine, flowers, a pearl brad and some little leaves. I hope you enjoyed my card and thanks so much for joining me today!

Supplies:

No comments: