Monday, April 14, 2014

Vintage Floral Dresser

Hello! I have a fun project to share with you today, a little dresser with three drawers all covered in pretty vintage flowers. When I saw this cut file on the Silhouette store I just had to make it. Here's what I created with paper, stamps ink and adhesive. Don't you love this hobby?!

 I knew I wanted to use the new Mother's Day Bouquet stamp set and I looked at some painted vintage floral dressers to get some inspiration. After I was done cutting all my pieces I did my stamping and then colored everything using Copic markers. I had seen several aqua painted dressers that just stole my heart so I went that route for my soft background color.
 After I was done with the coloring I wanted to give it a more antique feel and finish so I used lots of Distress inks to age it and bring in some wood color.
I chose some antiqued looking brads for my handles and even left little scuff looking marks on the feet. I topped the dresser with a couple rows of pearls.
My final finishing touch was to add some Princess Crochet Trim to the top sides. The fun thing about this little creation is the drawers actually open and close. Very fun :) I hope you've enjoyed my project today! 

Supplies:

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

That is super gorgeous, Leah! LOVE! HUGS and have a great week! :) Mynn xx