Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hope


Hello! Happy Saturday to you. I wanted to make another Trend Watch card for the current challenge at Wplus9 with watercolor. I had heard that the Memento Luxe inks were reactive with water while wet and I was very interested in trying out what kind of look I could get with them. I must say I am very pleasantly surprised and happy with what they can do! I stamped my flowers from Flora and Fauna 1 in Rose Bud and immediately swiped over my entire image with a water brush which bled the colors beautifully giving me a subtle wash but didn't obliterate the lines of the image. I then went back in with a blending tool picking up color directly from my ink pad to add in some depth and again getting it wet right away. I found that if I wet the paper first and then added the ink I liked the workablility better. The other colors I used were, Pear Tart, Olive Grove, Dandelion and Teal Zeal. I stamped on a heavy mixed media watercolor paper. I like the mixed media paper better because I find it has less of a texture and I prefer the more smooth surface. I am very excited to get the re-inkers and use them to do some more direct watercoloring. I hope you enjoyed my card and process. Thanks so much for visiting me!

No comments: