Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hearts and Watercolor Flowers

Hello! Hope you are having a great weekend. We are about to eat some homemade pizza and watch Mary Poppins with the kids :) I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid! I wanted to share the card I made for the "Watercolor Made Easy" challenge over at Wplus9. I die cut the hearts using Wplus9 dies and then backed them in some aqua cardstock that was covered with adhesive. I sprinkled clear glitter on them and it's so pretty in person. The flowers and lace were stamped using my Tombow markers that I lightly spritzed with water before stamping. Stitching and sequins finish it. I just couldn't figure out where/how to place a sentiment so I left it off, I figure the hearts kind of say enough;) Okay, off to have fun with the family, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Davi said...

Beautiful card Leah! I love the way you glittered the pretty cut out hearts and the water color look you gave the flowers! Hope you had a fun evening with the movie and Pizza :)

Marybeth said...

Sounds like a great weekend Mary Poppins and pizza oh how I love that movie.
Your card is beautiful I love the stitching, lace the pretty hearts nice work!
I'll always remember that movie because my grandmother came out to watch it with us