Sunday, May 12, 2013

To All Women...Happy Mother's Day


Image Source

To all you women out there I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's day. For some we have children, for some you are wonderful aunties and close friends to those with children and to others the deep desire to be a mother is not yet fulfilled in tangible children in your arms but in your heart you are still very much a mom.

The gracious care that God has given to us as women for others is not only evident or to be praised for those of us with children in our care, but for all who serve others with a mother's heart and love. I want to celebrate each of you, no matter your child status.

I know first hand the pain of waiting to have children to mother and your arms stay empty. I have lost 2 babies through miscarriage and waited 7 long years to hold my first child. God has been exceedingly kind in granting me my 3 blessings, two through adoption and one through birth. I feel humbled and ever so thankful to have my desire of being a mother fulfilled in this way. I especially wanted to reach out to anyone who is in the painful place of waiting...or whose hope is now past. You are valuable and you still are a mom through the love you show others, of this I am sure.

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day and will feel how loved you are.



1 comment:

Davi said...

Beautifully said Leah, Hope you had a GREAT Mothers Day ;)