Friday, November 23, 2012

MIM #92- Merry Christmas

This week's MIM was to use layered vellum die cuts. So pretty. I often forget to use vellum but I do love the softness is adds and it's so pretty embossed. I cut the Lovely Layers dies twice, embossed them with a cuttlebug folder and layered them up. I added some liquid pearls to the middle for a little bit of shine and to keep it flat and easy to mail. I used Snowflake Serenade for the background and the sentiment is from Nativity Silhouettes. I do like how the Lovely Layers came out cut with the vellum. I think it gives the feel of a snowflake. Thanks for stopping by:)

8 comments:

craftmates said...

Beautiful card Leah. Love how you cut and embossed the vellum to give a snowflake effect.- Irma

Birgit said...

Very pretty! The embossing on the vellum truly makes the difference.

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous medallion!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Leah! I love how you embossed the vellum!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful. I too love the soft look of vellum on cards.

Greta said...

Wow--what a beautiful creation!

bjmartin said...

The embossing really adds so much - I love the elegant look!

Luanne said...

Oooo! Love the embossed petals! Pretty card!