Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pretty Birthday

This card fits this weeks MIM at PTI. I really love how this card came out and it was one of those rare cards that was clear in my head before I sat down to make it. I cut 4 of the fillagree borders to make the background and then in between stamped one of the images from Stitches and Swirls. This little flower and leaves is one of my very favorites from the set. I then colored them in with Copics. The banner is the longest double ended banner and I folded in the ends, secured with Scor tape and added little green rhinestones to finish it off. I hope you like it too :) Hugs...

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

I really like the tone on tone with the filigree border. Beautiful card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty. The little touch of pink flowers with the border die is perfect.

mudmaven said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Leah! Love the white on white lacey effect. ~chris

Joyce said...

This is so beautiful. I wish I had thought of it. Great idea to color those Stitches and Swirls stamps. I have only used it as background, but you have inspired me to make it a focal point as well.

Leigh Penner said...

Great card, Leah! I love how you matched the S&S stamp set with the fillagree border-- two of my favourite PTI products!

Mara Campbell said...

That border is amazing!! I love how you placed it on your card, beautiful work Leah!

A Crafty Person said...

Beautiful card.

Sonia said...

Really pretty :)

Jamie said...

I love this! So pretty.

Stephanie said...

GORGEOUS!!! Seriously, gorgeous! Love the pink and green and that Filigree border die is just perfect with this. Love it!