Saturday, May 7, 2011

Aloha!

This month I go to play with the seasonal cartridge Luau from Scrapbook Pal which is on sale for a great price and they have free shipping on any order over $25! Kind of fun to have this cart in my collection now as I grew up on the Big Island of Hawaii! For my card I decided to go with some fun, fresh tropical colors and use the hibiscus and Aloha cuts. Here's how I did it.

I cut the hibiscus, or flower2 at 3 1/2" two times so I could layer them using foam adhesive in between to give some dimension.

I then cut the leave at 2 1/2", once with the FILP feature on. I cut the stems off so they'd fit behind the flower nicely and not show in the middle.

I cut Aloha at 1 1/2".

I embossed the green card base with Polka Dots embossing folder and used Color box chalk ink in Dark Brown and Warm Red to ink my card edges, my hibiscus and Aloha. To finsh it off I lightly curled the flower petals up after they'd been layered together and added some faux dew drops to the center. Thanks for dropping by! ALOHA~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!! :-)