Thursday, April 7, 2011

Faith Cards


I wanted to make a few encouraging cards for a friend and got to use the lovely Pink By Design stamp set called Faith. The different fonts in this set are great too. I used a couple of Cricut cartridges for my cards and really like how they came out. Here's what I did.


For the butterfly card I used the Sentimentals cartridge. I love the butterfly on this cart and cut it at 2". I also cut my card base so that it had a decrative edge using the card feature on pg. 71 and cutting it at 4 1/2" so that it would fit into a normal envelope. This cut makes a square card which is a nice change. I embossed the butterfly with my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder and used a Sakura Clear Star gelly roll pen to give it a little shine.


For my flourished bird card I used the Give a Hoot cartridge and cut the bird at 2 3/4" and the flourish at 1". It's nice how quickly a card can come together with just a couple of really pretty cuts.


Be sure to stop by the Scrapbook Pal store, and don't forget, they offer FREE shipping on all orders of only $25.00 or more! Thanks for stopping by:)

5 comments:

Lee said...

Those cricut images are gorgeous. Love the butterfly and the bird. Special cards with wonderful messages.

Sue said...

Just beautifull cards and great inspiration Luv Sue x

Belinda said...

Just lovely! The bird is perfect!

Karen Howard said...

Leah, this is beautiful! Love the doily and butterfly, such lovely soft colors! Hugs, Karen

Mara... said...

These are lovely! I love the doily on the first card, such a pretty detail.