Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TT#12- Spotlighting

I love this technique of spotlighting, which is this week's Tuesday Throwdown challenge, especially with the few Thomas Kinkade stamps I have. I used the Open Gate image for my card and colored it with Copics. I love the look of the spotlighted piece against the black and white. The sentiment is from a Our Daily Bread set and the label was cut using my Cricut and one of new Cricut lite carts, Lacy Labels. I found that lace with the seam binding ribbon at my Walmart too...you get 3 yards of it for under $2! It's not bulky, ties well and is cheap, yea! Some pearls and light distressing finished this off...hope you'll hop on over and play with us!

12 comments:

Lauren said...

OMG Leah, this is STUNNING! What a gorgeous stamp that you've colored wonderfully! This is perfect image for spotlighting!

Lauren

IamDerby said...

Leah this is beautiful! Your coloring is just perfect. Nicely done.

Holly said...

Leah, this is absolutely stunning!!! Your coloring is beautiful, and I love the addition of lace and a flower and pearls. Hugs!

Lauren said...

There's an award on my blog for you.

:-)

Lauren

Dana said...

WAY above and beyond spotlighting Leah, this is framed art material. Stunning.

Peggy T. said...

Leah, this is beautiful.

B said...

Absolutely lovely!

Chrissy D said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the spotlighting!

BethieJ said...

LEAH this sooo BEAUTIFUL! I agree it is FRAME worthy!!! The spotlighting looks FABULOUS!
Have a GREAT day!!!

Davi said...

Wow Leah, this is beautiful. Your coloring of the spotlighted area is very pretty and the scripture and lace are so perfect with the image.

whoistracy said...

Oh wow- this is amazing!! This image looks so realistic. This must have taken you ages to color Leah.

Kim said...

I love Thomas Kinkade images. They are all so pretty. The lace is beautiful and the scripture goes perfectly with the image.