Friday, April 23, 2010

Simple Joys

What a crazy week! This sentiment is so fitting too, remembering the little joys that I did have this week despite being sick, very busy, and not being able to rest much. A couple of my simple joys this week was taking my son out for a birthday lunch and spending a lunch out with my mom and the kids today at a lovely new bakery/deli that had the most wonderful bread, soup and chocolate cake! Oh yes, chocolate will make any hard week better:)

So, about my card now;) I used one of my newer images, Rainbow Bird from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and some fun patterned paper and sparkly brads to create the simple card. Copics were used to color and a few Primas finished it off.

My busy week continues this weekend as I've got an event to go to tomorrow and my son's birthday part on Sunday. More joys to come! Hugs to you all...

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Adorable image, Leah, and what a sweet design. So glad you've been enjoying some of the simple joys of life ;D

Kristina said...

Glad to hear things are looking up. Hope you get some much needed rest after the party on Sunday.
What a very sweet card.
Hugs,
Kristina

Melissa said...

This is so pretty! Hope you are feeling better and that life will slow down for you!

BethieJ said...

Leah this is so PRETTY! Nice job! Hope your feeling better!
Have a GREAT day!