Friday, April 30, 2010

Scrapbook Pal Design Team Entry







I really enjoyed creating this LO of my daughter. I am so thankful to have a girl and can be so pink and frilly:) Scrapbook Pal is having a DT call and I decided to try for it. I used several Cricut cartridges for all my embellishments and title. I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on my butterflies, Damask.
For my title I cut the word Adore using Home Decor at 1 3/4". I then lightly inked it in creamy brown chalk ink. The big fancy corner was cut twice and layered using the Storybook cartridge, once at 2 1/2" and then again at 4". My butterflies were also cut twice for each one, once out of cardstock and the bottom layer out of vellum. I used the Sentimental cartridge for these and cut them at 1", 1 1/2", 1 1/4" and 2". My flowers were cut using Home Decor (flwr5-s) at 2 ", 2 1/2" and 3" each flower cut several times for layering and then scrunched and finished with a pearl brad. My leaves were cut using A Child's Year at 1 1/2" and 2". I only adhered them at the base of the leaf and then scrunched them for more dimention. I added stitching, lots of self-adhesive pearls and some lace that was my grandmother's.
I hope you like it! I really hope I get on the team, so wish me luck:) Thanks so much for dropping by!


8 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leah, this is gorgeous! you will surely get a DT spot with this precious layout. Fab flowers and love your attention to detail!

Janis Lewis said...

This is beautiful! Good luck with the DT!

BethieJ said...

Leah this is BEAUTIFUL! the LO and your sweet little girl!! Good luck on the DT!!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Lauren said...

WOW Leah, this is gorgeous! I love the frilly girly feel. I love the lace, butterflies, and flowers. And your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Lauren

Dana said...

*thud* good grief if they don't pick you they are BLIND!

Heather Rogers said...

Such a pretty LO! I wish I had a girl to make pink frilly things for. :)

Thans for your nice comment on my blog. It was a noreply, so I am telling you thanks here. :)

Kristina said...

Oh your layout is gorgeous (so is your little girl) If those people oveer at Scrapbook Pal are smart, they'll put you on their DT!
Hugs,
Kristina

IamDerby said...

Great Layout!