Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Butterfly for Mom


I love butterflies and so when I found this butterfly cut on the Sentimentals Cricut cartridge I had to have it. Isn't it gorgeous? I love that it can be plain too. I played along again over at the Shabby Tea Room and this week's challenge was to use squares. So I chose a card cut also off the Sentimentals cart that was squarish, (cut at 5") and used my Nesties to cut the patterned paper squares my butterfly is mounted on. I then stiched each square to my base paper with my sewing machine. The top layer of the butterfly wings was embossed with my Damask Cuttlebug folder and to finish it I added some Prima bitty roses, pearls and distress ink. I hope you are having a wonderful day and don't forget to be thankful for something! Hugs...

12 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your design, love that beautiful bottom edging and love the butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

Debbie said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Lisa! Great use of your Cricut machine!! I love everything about your design! Thanks so much for joining us again this week in the Tea Room. I can't wait to see what you'll create for us on Monday for the next challenge :)

Janis Lewis said...

Pretty. Looks very elegant!

BethieJ said...

Leah this is BEAUTIFUL! I ADORE that butterfly.. hmm I need to peek at that cartridge you mentioned! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Nicole said...

Great card. Love the stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Sonya said...

Wow, your card is totally gorgeous! I love butterflys to. I have found plenty of things to be thankful for this week Leah, mainly good friends :-)
Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Dana said...

WOW Leah. This is stunning. I don't know where to look first! LOl I love the bottom edge, that beautiful lacy ribbon ands the pearl trail...so mcuh fun!

Crystal said...

stunningly beautiful leah! just love it! so elegant and regal...really fabulous! i love the pearls and think they are just the perfect touch and the black adds so much drama! hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is incredible, Leah!! I never used to understand what one would really want a Cricut machine for, but you are sure showing me!!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! What a beautiful card. I love it!

IamDerby said...

This is beautiful!

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

This is STUNNING!