Monday, August 24, 2009

Uninked Stamps


Well, I have been a bit remiss is posting as much as I usually do lately. I have been pretty busy, but life is soon to go back to it's normal pace. I have decided to start a little challenge for myself that makes me ink up those stamps that have never seen ink or haven't seen it in a long time. The card above uses one such stamp. It's called Peony Square by Stampendous. I colored it with a combination of Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I am working on a post that will share with you the differences between papers I've tried for sucess with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I am personally convinced that I have found the best paper for using both mediums either seperately or together and also giving some tips that I find useful in coloring. I hope you enjoy this card and will join me in inking up some stamps that haven't seen an ink pad in too long:) If you do let me know, I'd love to come take a peek!

Supplies:
Stamps: Peony Square, Stampendous, PTI sentiment
Paper: BG Sultry, BoBunny green polka dots, The Paper Co.
Tools: EK Success scallop border punch
Other: PTI ribbon, Copics, Prismacolor pencils

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Gorgeous card, Leah! I can't wait for your post on the best papers for Copics and Prismas. . .that will be wonderful ;D

IamDerby said...

Very pretty! love your coloring on this!

Rose said...

just beautiful!!! and i am looking forward to your passing on the paper info as i need it!! :)

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! I love that image! I'd be very interested to see how you color with copics and Prismas...I've never used pencils before, but I know a lot of people do for more shading, right?

Ann said...

SO pretty, Leah!

Sandy said...

Your work is amazing...love your blog...you are being followed..LOL...I will link you to my post now...did not have all the DT member names when I left this am...congrats...look forward to working with you and getting to know you as well!

Brenda said...

WOW sooo beautifly done!!!
hugs
Brenda

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Leah!! Gorgeous coloring!! I love your colors too!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring of the image is spectacular!