Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Card and a LO

I was asked to make a graduation card for a lady at my church and really enjoyed coming up with this one. I am really trying to use my Cricut more and use die cuts...I have been primarily stamping for the past year or so and yet have a huge amount of Cricut stuff too! So, I incorporated a die cut sentiment and the little diploma. I love these flowers from Cornish Heritage Farms, they are called Artys Blooms from the Shady Tree Studio line. I stamped a background using Spanish Script and the lovely flourishes are from the Rummage Bin line, Beautiful. The image was colored with Prismas.
So, in the effort of using my cricut more I also want to do more LO's. I really do enjoy preserving the pics of my family. All embellishment is from the Cricut on this one, and I just adore those birds! Aren't they the cutest? I did add a bit of stamping because that's my real goal, use die cuts and stamping together. I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Maggi a.k.a. Katamommy said...

What a great card, they will love it! The layout is so sweet and pink, those pictures are adorable!!!

Rose said...

fantastic card and what a doll you have in your arms!! i see you have home decor, it is on my most wanted list LOL

cadnileb said...

Love the card and the fun layout!

Mara... said...

That card is so beautiful, the flowers are lovely. And I love the layout!! The shaped paper and those adorable little birdies! Great job, can't wait to see more of your layouts!

BethieJ said...

Leah the card is BEAUTIFUL! Oh I love that flower stamp!! and your layout is WONDERFUL too!! :)