Thursday, January 8, 2009

Card a Day and a LO

I love this quote, "There is no distance too far between friends for friendship gives wings to the heart."

All the stamps I used are from CHF (Cornish Heritage Farms). (Except for the little snippets of lace, that is a CTMH stamp) These Silhouette images from Kim Huges are some of my absolute favorite. I love how they are so easy to layer and are just well, beautiful. I stamped the pink card base with Canvas Backgrounder and on my Label 1 die stamped Spanish Script backgrounder. Then layers 3 different sihouette images in light to dark distress ink colors. I added some darker sponging around the pink base also. The butterfly is from Vintage Butterflies. I stamped the butterfly twice with brown Stazon ink on vellum and cut them out. To hide the white pop dot underneath I used a white gel pen to color in a few sections of the wings. The flower is a silk hydrangea with a sprial clip from an office store and a threaded button. I added a bit of the same thread to the side and knotted it.
I also got a LO done! I am loving the 81/2 x 11 size! More like a card I guess:) This was some of my favorite Christmas pics from this year. *Tip: Don't be afraid to cut an embellishment in half! I did this with one of the snowflakes and it allowed me to get the nice visual triangle going."

The tittle was cut with my Cricut and welded together in Design Studio. I highly recommend getting this software! I love not having individual letters to deal with. I added a lot of bling and some really blingy silver Martha Stewart glitter. The scallops were punched with MS edge punch. The journaling box was cut with my Long Rectangle Nesties.

I hope you are having a great day!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a wonderful quote...I love that!

Super pretty card too!