I just got the May flower pack from Verve Visuals newest release and love, love, love these stamps! I couldn't wait to play, so what better way than take on their color challenge. I don't have SU! colors, so I substitued using PTI colors. I would have never on my own put these colors together but I really like how it came out.
When thinking about what I wanted to do and looking at all the colors, this idea popped into my head to do a window card. I really like all the sentiments in the new sets, but I especially fell in love with this one. It is so true how flowers are given in joy or sorrow and in each situation bring a bit of joy. I used Floral Whimsy for all the stamping except for the butterfly that is from Petals and Stems.
I first scored and cut my base, Aqua Mist, down to 5 1/2x 5 1/2" and decided on how big I wanted my window. Using one of my square Nesties I cut it out. Next I took the next largest square from the set and cut it out of Lemon Tart to mat behind my window. Then I cut two strips of PTI white for the panes.
On Berry Sorbet I stamped the two vases with Versafine Onyx Black and cut them out. Then I drew a light pencil line to show me where to stamp my flowers for my vases. I then stamped the flowers in Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush using Spring Moss for the stems. I colored in the petals with a Gold Sakura Gelly Roll Pen to give it just a bit of shine. I drew the little white dots on the vases with the white Gelly Roll also Sakura. The vases are popped up with demensional adhesive.
For the bottom mat I cut out Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss, dry embossing the Spring Moss with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I selected an oval from my Nesties that would fit the sentiment and cut it out using Summer Sunrise and embossed it. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black. Then I punched the ribbon slits and threaded Spring Moss ribbon through.
For my butterfly I stamped her on Summer Sunrise, cut it out. I then stamped the butterfly on the Aqua mist base so I didn't have to try and cut out the antena. I used foam demensional adhesive to adhere my butterfly to the base. I then lightly drew a flight pattern and stamped her trail using the two little dots.
To finish it off I faux stitched around the entire card and the mats using the white gelly roll, paper piercing the oval mat that has the sentiment on it.
I hope you like it as much as I do! I sure had fun creating it...check out the verve site for their new stamps!